STMicroelectronics N.V. commonly referred as ST or STMicro is a multinational corporation and technology company of French-Italian origin.
ST was formed in 1987 by the merger of two government-owned semiconductor companies: Italian SGS Microelettronica (where SGS stands for Societa Generale Semiconduttori), and French Thomson Semiconducteurs, the semiconductor arm of Thomson.
SGS Microelettronica originated in 1972 from a previous merger of two companies:
- ATES (Aquila Tubi e Semiconduttori), a vacuum tube and semiconductor maker, which in 1961 changed its name to Azienda Tecnica ed Elettronica del Sud;
- Societa Generale Semiconduttori.
Thomson Semiconducteurs was created in 1982 by the French government’s widespread nationalization of industries. It included:
- the semiconductor activities of the French electronics company Thomson;
- in 1985 it bought Mostek, a US company founded in 1969 as a spin-off of Texas Instruments, from United Technologies;
- Silec, founded in 1977;
- Eurotechnique, founded in 1979 in Rousset, Bouches-du-Rhône as a joint-venture between Saint-Gobain of France and US-based National Semiconductor;
- EFCIS, founded in 1977;
- SESCOSEM, founded in 1969.
At the time of the merger of these two companies in 1987, the new corporation was named SGS-THOMSON but took its current name of STMicroelectronics in May 1998 following Thomson’s sale of its shares.
AVS12 ST Automatic Voltage Switch Data Sheet
AVS10 ST Automatic Voltage Switch Data Sheet
AVS08 ST Automatic Voltage Switch Data Sheet
TIP127 ST 5A 100V PNP Darlington Transistor Data Sheet
TIP125 ST 5A 60V PNP Darlington Transistor Data Sheet
TIP122 ST 5A 100V NPN Darlington Transistor Data Sheet
TIP121 ST 5A 80V NPN Darlington Transistor Data Sheet
TIP120 ST 5A 60V NPN Darlington Transistor Data Sheet
BD912 ST Silicon PNP Power Transistor Data Sheet
BD911 ST Silicon NPN Power Transistor Data Sheet
BD910 ST Silicon PNP Power Transistor Data Sheet
BD909 ST Silicon NPN Power Transistor Data Sheet