Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 6-qt 2-Basket Air Fryer DZ090 Owner’s Guide
Download Owner’s Guide, Cooking charts and Recipes for SharkNinja Operating DZ090 Ninja Foodi 6-qt. 5-in-1 2-Basket Air Fryer [16 pages 2022 pdf/zip]
Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 6-quart 2-Basket Air Fryer
Model # DZ090
The Ninja(R) Foodi(R) 5-in-1, 6-qt. 2-Basket Air Fryer with DualZone(TM) Technology lets you cook 2 foods in 2 independent baskets at once-not back-to-back like a traditional single-basket air fryer. With 6-qt capacity, its perfect for quick snacks or small meals.
Read all instructions before using your Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 6-quart 2-Basket Air Fryer. Save these instructions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
– Technical Specifications
– Parts: Main Unit, Air Intake Vent, Air Outlet, Nonstick Crisper Plates, Nonstick Baskets, Control Panel.
– Getting To Know Your Ninja(R) Foodi(R) Compact 2-Basket Air Fryer
– Function Buttons: Air Fry, Bake, Roast, Reheat, Dehydrate.
– Operating Buttons: 1, 2, TEMP arrows, TIME arrows, SMART FINISH button, MATCH COOK button, START/PAUSE button, POWER BUTTON, Standby Mode, Hold Mode.
– Before First Use
– Cooking In Your Compact 2-Basket Air Fryer
– Reference Quick Start Guide For Recipes And Cooking Charts
– Cooking With DualzoneTM Technology
– Smart Finish
– Match Cook
– Starting Both Zones At The Same Time, But Ending At Different Times
– Ending The Cook Time In One Zone (While Using Both Zones)
– Pausing Both Zones At The Same Time
– Pausing A Single Zone During Dual Zone Cooking
– Cooking In A Single Zone: Air Fry, Bake, Roast, Reheat, Dehydrate.
– Cleaning Your 2-Basket Air Fryer: Part/Accessory / Cleaning Method / Dishwasher Safe
– Helpful Tips
– Replacement Parts
Q: How do I adjust the temperature or time while using a single zone?
A: When a single zone is running the time or temperature can be adjusted at any time by pressing the up/down arrows.
Q: How do I adjust the temperature or time while using both zones?
A: Select the desired zone, then use the TEMP arrows to adjust the temperature or the TIME arrows to adjust the time.
Q: Can I cook different foods in each zone and not worry about cross contamination?
A: Yes, both zones are self-contained with separate heating elements and fans.
Q: How do I pause or stop one zone when using both zones?
A: Select the zone you want to pause or stop, then press the START/PAUSE button.
Q: Are the baskets safe to put on my countertop?
A: The baskets will heat up during cooking. Use caution when handling, and place them on heat-safe surfaces only. DO NOT place the baskets on the top of the unit.
Q: When should I use the crisper plate?
A: Use the crisper plate when you want food to come out crispy. The plate elevates the food in the basket so that air can flow under and around it to cook ingredients evenly.
Q: Why didn’t my food cook fully?
A: Make sure the basket is fully inserted during cooking. For consistent browning, make sure ingredients are arranged in an even layer on the bottom of the basket with no overlapping. Shake basket to toss ingredients for even crispiness. Cook temperature and time can be adjusted at any time during cooking. Simply use the TEMP arrows to adjust the temperature or the TIME arrows to adjust the time.
Q: Why is my food burned?
A: For best results, check progress throughout cooking and remove food when desired level of brownness has been achieved. Remove food immediately after the cook time is complete to avoid overcooking.
Q: Why do some ingredients blow around when air frying?
A: Occasionally, the fan from the air fryer will blow lightweight foods around. Use wooden toothpicks to secure loose lightweight food, like the top slice of bread on a sandwich.
Q: Can I air fry wet, battered ingredients?
A: Yes, but use the proper breading technique. It is important to coat foods first with flour, then with egg, and then with bread crumbs. Press breading firmly onto the battered ingredients, so crumbs won’t be blown off by the fan.
Q: Why did the display screen go black?
A: The unit is in standby mode. Press the power button to turn it back on.
Q: Why is the unit beeping?
A: Either the food is done cooking, or the other zone has started cooking.
Q: Why is there an “E” message on the display screen?
A: The unit is not functioning properly. Please contact Customer Service at 1-877-646-5288.
Q: Why did a circuit breaker trip while using the unit?
A: The unit uses 1690 watts of power, so it must be plugged into an outlet on a 15-amp circuit breaker. Using an outlet on a 10-amp breaker will cause the breaker to trip. It is also important that the unit be the only appliance plugged into an outlet when in use. To avoid tripping a breaker, make sure the unit is the only appliance plugged into an outlet on a 15-amp breaker.
QUICK START GUIDE + COOKING CHARTS + 15 IRRESISTIBLE RECIPES
Using DualZoneTM Technology:
– SMART FINISH: Cooking 2 foods using 2 different functions, temps, or cook times? Program each zone and use SMART SET to have both zones finish at the same time.
– MATCH COOK: Cooking the same food in each zone? Set Zone 1 and use MATCH COOK to automatically match settings to Zone 2.
– Want to cook two foods, but don’t want to do it back to back? Fill both zones and manually program each zone so they start at the same time.
Using A Single Zone:
– Only cooking one thing? Fill a single zone and use it like a traditional air fryer.
Pausing and Ending the Cook Times:
– Pausing Time in a Single Zone (While Both Zones are Running)
– Ending the Cook Time in One Zone (While Using Both Zones)
Ready to start cooking? Learn how to make complete meals that are done at the same time.
– Air Fry Cooking Chart: Ingredient / Amount Per Zone / Preparation / Toss In Oil / Temp / Single Zone / Dual Zone
– Dehydrate Chart: Ingredients / Preparation / Temp / Single Zone / Dual Zone
– Using DualZoneTM Technology: Smart Finish
– Salt & Pepper Tortellini With Lemony Broccolini
– Spicy Italian Sausage, Bell Pepper & Onion Subs
– Air Fryer Doughnuts
– Jerk-Rubbed Pork Loin With Carrots & Sage
– Cauliflower Pizza Bake With Texas Toast
– Chicken Fried Pork With Sweet Potato Fries
– Sweet Potato Sausage Hash
– Chicken Tenders & Curly Fries
– Maple-Glazed Turkey Breasts & Green Bean Casserole
– Garlic Shrimp & Blistered Rosemary Tomatoes
– Roasted Salmon & Parmesan Asparagus
– Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms & Vegetable Medley
– Buffalo Tofu With Cheesy Ranch Broccoli
– Coconut-Lime Cod With Green Pepper Cauliflower Rice
– Faux Country Boil