L298P ST Dual Full-Bridge Driver Data Sheet
Download Datasheet for STMicroelectronics L298P Dual Full-Bridge Driver [13 pages 1999 pdf/zip]
– OPERATING SUPPLY VOLTAGE UP TO 46 V
– TOTAL DC CURRENT UP TO 4 A
– LOW SATURATION VOLTAGE
– OVERTEMPERATURE PROTECTION
– LOGICAL “0” INPUT VOLTAGE UP TO 1.5 V (HIGHNOISE IMMUNITY)
The L298P is an integrated monolithic circuit in a 15-lead Multiwatt and PowerSO20 packages. It is a high voltage, high current dual full-bridge driver designed to accept standard TTL logic levels and drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, DC and stepping motors. Two enable inputs are provided to enable or disable the device independently of the input signals. The emitters of the lower transistors of each bridge are connected together and the corresponding external terminal can be used for the connection of an external sensing resistor.
Anadditional supply input is provided so that the logic works at a lower voltage.
– BLOCK DIAGRAM
– ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS
– PIN CONNECTIONS (PINOUT)
– THERMAL DATA
– PIN FUNCTIONS (refer to the block diagram)
– ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
– Figure 1: Typical Saturation Voltage vs. Output Current.
– Figure 2: Switching Times Test Circuits.
– Figure 3: Source Current Delay Times vs. Input or Enable Switching.
– Figure 4: Switching Times Test Circuits.
– Figure 5: Sink Current Delay Times vs. Input 0 V Enable Switching.
– Figure 6: Bidirectional DC Motor Control.
– Figure 7: For higher currents, outputs can be paralleled. Take care to parallel channel 1 with channel 4 and channel 2 with channel 3.
– Figure 8: Two Phase Bipolar Stepper Motor Circuit.
– Figure 9: Suggested Printed Circuit Board Layout for the Circuit of fig. 8 (1:1 scale).
– Figure 10: Two Phase Bipolar Stepper Motor Control Circuit by Using the Current Controller L6506.
– OUTLINE AND MECHANICAL DATA