onsemi (stylized in lowercase; legally ON Semiconductor Corporation; formerly ON Semiconductor until August 5, 2021) is an American semiconductor supplier company. Products include power and signal management, logic, discrete, and custom devices for automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, LED lighting, medical, military/aerospace and power applications.
onsemi was founded in 1999. The company was originally a spinoff of Motorola’s Semiconductor Components Group. It continues to manufacture Motorola’s discrete, standard analog, and standard logic devices.
- In 2000, onsemi completed the acquisition of Cherry Semiconductor.
- In 2003, onsemi acquired TESLA SEZAM (manufacturer of semiconductor chips) and TEROSIL (production of silicon) in the Czech Republic. Both of these companies were the successors of the former state-owned company TESLA.
- In 2006, onsemi completed the acquisition of LSI Logic Design & Manufacturing Facility.
- In 2008, onsemi completed the acquisition of the CPU Voltage and PC Thermal Monitoring Business from Analog Devices, Inc.
- In 2008, onsemi completed the acquisition of AMI Semiconductor.
- In 2008, onsemi and Catalyst Semiconductor, Inc. announced the acquisition of Catalyst Semiconductor, Inc. by onsemi. Later that year onsemi announced the completion of the acquisition.
- In 2009, onsemi completed the acquisition of PulseCore.
- In 2009, onsemi announced the acquisition of California Micro Devices.
- In 2010, onsemi completed the acquisition of Sound Design Technologies, Ltd.
- In 2011, onsemi completed the acquisition of SANYO Semiconductor.
- In 2011, onsemi completed the acquisition of the CMOS Image Sensor Business Unit from Cypress Semiconductor.
- In 2014, onsemi completed the acquisition of Truesense Imaging, Inc.
- In 2014, onsemi announced a $400 million deal to acquire California-based Aptina Imaging Corp.
- In 2014, onsemi and Fujitsu Semiconductor announced Strategic Partnership
- In 2015, onsemi completed the acquisition of Axsem AG.
- In 2016, onsemi has entered into a definitive agreement with respect to the divestiture of the Ignition IGBT business to Littelfuse and has also entered into a separate definitive agreement with Littelfuse to sell its transient voltage suppression (“TVS”) diode and switching thyristor product lines.
- In 2016, onsemi completed the acquisition of Fairchild Semiconductor.
- In 2017, onsemi announced that it would acquire and license mmWave technology for automotive radar applications developed by IBM’s Haifa, Israel, research team.
- In 2018, onsemi acquired Ireland-based company, SensL Technologies Ltd.
- In 2019, onsemi acquired Quantenna Communications.
- In 2019, onsemi to acquire GlobalFoundries 300mm Fabrication Facility.
- In 2021 onsemi to acquire GT Advanced Technologies
onsemi manufactures products in the following areas:
- Custom: ASICs; Custom Foundry Services; Custom ULP Memory; Custom CMOS Image Sensors; Integrated passive devices
- Discrete: Bipolar Transistors; Diodes & Rectifiers; IGBTs & FETs; Thyristors
- Power Management: AC/DC Controllers & Regulators; DC/DC Controllers, Converters, Regulators; Drivers; Thermal Management; Voltage & Current Management
- Logic: Clock Generation; Clock & Data Distribution; Memory; Microcontrollers; Standard Logic
- Signal Management: Amplifiers & Comparators; Analog Switches; Audio/Video ASSP; Digital Potentiometers; EMI/RFI Filters; Interfaces; Optical, Image, & Touch Sensors
- In 2013, the company introduced the industry’s highest resolution optical image stabilization (OIS) integrated circuit (IC) for smartphone camera modules.
1N5408 onsemi 3A 1000V Rectifier Data Sheet
1N5407 onsemi 3A 800V Rectifier Data Sheet
1N5406 onsemi 3A 600V Rectifier Data Sheet
1N5404 onsemi 3A 400V Rectifier Data Sheet
1N5402 onsemi 3A 200V Rectifier Data Sheet
1N5401 onsemi 3A 100V Rectifier Data Sheet
1N5400 onsemi 3A 50V Rectifier Data Sheet
MC33023 onsemi PWM Controller Data Sheet
MC34023 onsemi PWM Controller Data Sheet
TIP127 onsemi 5A 100V PNP Darlington Transistor Data Sheet
TIP126 onsemi 5A 80V PNP Darlington Transistor Data Sheet
TIP125 onsemi 5A 60V PNP Darlington Transistor Data Sheet