TL494C Texas Instruments Pulse-Width-Modulation Control Circuit Data Sheet
Download Datasheet for Texas Instruments TL494C Pulse-Width-Modulation Control Circuit [13 pages SLVS074A 1995 pdf/zip]
* Complete PWM Power Control Circuitry
* Uncommitted Outputs for 200-mA Sink or Source Current
* Output Control Selects Single-Ended or Push-Pull Operation
* Internal Circuitry Prohibits Double Pulse at Either Output
* Variable Dead Time Provides Control Over Total Range
* Internal Regulator Provides a Stable 5-V Reference Supply With 5% Tolerance
* Circuit Architecture Allows Easy Synchronization
The TL494 incorporates on a single monolithic chip all the functions required in the construction of a pulse-width-modulation control circuit. Designed primarily for power supply control, this device offers the systems engineer the flexibility to tailor the power supply control circuitry to a specific application.
The TL494 contains two error amplifiers, an on-chip adjustable oscillator, a dead-time control (DTC) comparator, a pulse-steering control flip-flop, a 5-V, 5%-precision regulator, and output-control circuits.
The error amplifiers exhibit a common-mode voltage range from -0.3 V to VCC -2 V. The dead-time control comparator has a fixed offset that provides approximately 5% dead time. The on-chip oscillator may be bypassed by terminating RT to the reference output and providing a sawtooth input to CT, or it may drive the common circuits in synchronous multiple-rail power supplies.