TechniSat HDFV Freeview HD Digital Terrestrial Receiver Owner’s Manual
Download PDF User Manual with Instructions for TechniSat HDFV Terrestrial Freeview HD Digital Receiver (EN) 121 pages 2010 zip
This PDF manual is for the TechniSat HDFV Terrestrial Freeview HD Digital Receiver.
TechniSat HDFV Freeview HD Digital Receiver
The HDFV offers not only stunning performance and outstanding quality but with its extended features it brings the multimedia world of the PC to the TV. You can connect USB memory sticks and external hard disk drives to your HDFV and access multimedia files using the remote control. The built-in USB interface enables digital photos in JPEG format, music files in MP3 format and movies in MPEG format to be played on your TV via the receiver. Furthermore, you can connect your HDFV to your home network, either using the Ethernet connection or wirelessly using the optional USB WLAN Adaptor, and access multimedia files directly from a PC or network storage.
The HDFV has an integrated digital video recording function. This enables you to record TV and radio programmes to an external storage device (e.g. USB drive). To do this, you just need to connect a suitable storage device to the receiver via the USB port. Once this has been done, the DVRready function can be easily activated using your remote control. Recordings can also be set up using the EPG. Timeshift function enables you to pause an live TV transmission whenever you want at the push of a button (for example if the phone rings) and then resume it again at the same point.
This Owner’s manual is intended to ensure you gain the optimum experience by carefully explaining the comprehensive features and functions of your HDFV. With its wealth of functionality, we believe the HDFV will become an essential element of your home entertainment system.
(PDF) OWNER’S MANUAL in English (EN) language.
SAFETY ADVICE. For your own protection, please read the safety instructions carefully before commencing operation of your new unit.
WHEN NOT IN OPERATION: disconnect the unit from the mains power supply.
CONNECTING THE RECEIVER:
– How to connect to a mains socket
– How to connect to antenna
– How to connect HDFV and a TV with HDMI cable?
– How to connect HDFV and a TV with SCART cable?
– How to connect HDFV and a TV with AV cable?
– How to connect HDFV and a VCR or DVD with HDMI/SCART/AV cable?
– How to connect HDFV to Hi-Fi or surround sound system
THE RECEIVER FRONT AND BACK PANEL
– Front and Back panel. Connections, buttons and display.
– Remote Control guide. Keys description
The following sections explain basic operation of the receiver using the remote control and front panel features.
– How to switching the receiver On and Off?
HOW TO CHANGE CHANNELS:
– using the channel up/down keys
– using the numeric keys
– How to adjust the volume of your receiver (How to increase or decrease the volume).
– How to mute or un-mute the sound.
– How to switch between TV and Radio operation.
MOVIE PLAYBACK. How to play back MPEG movies on a USB device or networked PC. How to Pause/Play/Fast Forward/Rewind/Stop/Exit movie. How to select Audio track.
MUSIC PLAYBACK. How to play back files in MP3 format on a USB device or networked PC. How to create and play a music playlist. How to randomise (shuffle) tracks.
PICTURE VIEWER. How to display files in JPEG format on a USB device or networked PC. How to create and view a picture playlist. How to start image slideshow. How to adjust slideshow speed.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMME INFORMATION. The ‘tick’ key on the remote control helps you access extra optional features in certain situations.
QUICKLY SETTING A TIMER IN THE EPG. How to set a timer in the EPG
GETTING HELP. How to access a help page
– How to AutoInstall the receiver.
– AV Output: How to specify whether your TV is connected via SCART or HDMI.
– Screen format: How to specify your TV screen format (4:3 or 16:9).
– Antenna Configuration: How to turn on power to an indoor active antenna.
PROGRAMME INFORMATION BANNER: how to access programme information?
The following information is displayed on the banner:
– A yellow/grey bar displaying time remaining for the current programme.
– The broadcast date and start and end times.
– The current time.
– The name of the programme
– The type of programme list – TV or Radio.
– The channel name.
– The channel number.
– The ear symbol indicates the availability of DVB subtitles.
– The ‘int’ symbol indicates the availability of interactive services.
– The ‘AD’ symbol indicates the availability of Audio Description subtitles e.g. for a phone ring on a programme, the audio description subtitle would be ‘phone rings’.
– The aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9) of the current programme will briefly be displayed in the bottom right of the bar.
NAVIGATOR: The navigator gives a quick way of selecting a channel.
STATUS: How to access information on the current channel, audio and video information about the current channel, conditional access (CA) and technical information about the current programme.
NAV Menu: this function enables use of the receiver’s multimedia features.
PVR. The PVR provides the following features:
– Record TV programmes to external hard disk drive or USB memory stick
– Pause live TV
– Instant record
– Scheduled recording
– Multiple event recording for regular programmes
– Editing of recorded programmes
– Record a live programme while watching a recorded programme
– Record a live programme while playing music, movies or pictures from other external storage or a networked PC.
How to Format your USB device or external hard disk?
SCHEDULED TIMER RECORDING:
– using Timers (How to set manual timer)
– through the EPG (How to set the Timer using the EPG)
– What does “TIMER CONFLICT DETECTED” mean?
– How to to pause the live programme and return to it later.
– In order to avoid recordings being cancelled or corrupted accidentally, the functionality during recording limits the actions of the user.
PVR PLAYBACK: How to access hard disk recordings?
CONTROL KEYS that allow the following functions: Rewind / Stop / Play/Pause / Fast Forward
– How to use Timeshift function.
BOOKMARKS: The recordings can have bookmarks inserted to allow you to jump to particular sections of the programme during playback.
– How to use bookmarks.
MEDIA ORGANISER. You can manage your recordings and other multimedia using the Media Organiser.
ELECTRONIC PROGRAMME GUIDE (EPG). The EPG shows an 8 day programme schedule for all channels and provides various ways to view this information.
– How to access Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).
– How to change EPG viewing mode
– How to view a different day in the schedule
– How to do EPG Search
EPG overview list. The EPG Overview mode displays a vertical list of channels and the current programme on now, next or in the future for each of those channels.
EPG programme list. The EPG Programme TV List provides a quick view of the list of programmes for every channel.
EPG genres: The EPG Genres view allows you to view channels and programmes within a chosen genre.
– How to set a timer
– How to organise timers with Timer Organiser
– What timer options are available
– How to create a new timer in the EPG
– How to edit a timer in the EPG
– How to delete a timer in the EPG
– How to navigate the menus
– How to do Channel Search
– How to do Automatic channel search
– How to do Manual channel search
– HDFV Settings:
– Parental control (how to enable parental control, how to change PIN, how to lock with PIN multiple channels);
– Basic Settings (how to set Date/Time, how to enable Quickstart, how to set Auto standby);
– Picture settings (how to set Screen format, how to set Video scaling/Zoom, how to set AV output mode – SCART or HDMI, how to set CVBS or S-Video mode for SCART);
– Sound Settings (how to set the language of the audio transmission, hot to set the language of the subtitles, how to set an additional audio description sound track to play, how to adjust the volume of the Audio description track, how to switch Dolby Digital On or Off)
– AV sync [ms] – How to correct any time lag present between video and audio.
– Network settings: How to configure network settings for LAN/WAN (WiFi).
– OSD: How to change various options relating to the menus (Font size, Info banner display time [s], OSD radio/music)
– How to view information about the hardware and software of your receiver.
RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS. How to delete all settings and restore the receiver to its factory state
– How to delete all channels?
– How to Update software?
– How to set the functionality of the high definition encryption on the HDMI output (HDCP)
– How to create new Favourites list and Add channels
– How to remove channels from a TV list
– How to sort channels in a TV list.
– How to set Menu language.
DIAGNOSTICS: The Diagnostics screen displays technical informaation about your digital receiver.
The receiver display is blank:
– Power may not be connected
– Receiver may be in standby
– No picture on TV screen
Glitching picture or sound:
– The received signal may be corrupted
– The receiver or the TV may be muted
– The volume may be level may be too low
‘No signal’ is displayed on screen:
– There is no valid signal being received
– The wrong AV channel is selected
‘Channel not available’ is displayed on screen:
– Channel is currently not being broadcast
Remote control unit does not work.
– Infrared signal may not be received by the receiver
– Batteries may not be inserted correctly
– Battery power may be low
External storage device is not accessible:
– The device may not be formatted correctly
Cannot access files on PC in LAN mode:
– The network may not be set up correctly
– The PC may not have a shared directory
Cannot access files on PC in WLAN mode:
– The USB-WLAN Adaptor may not be connected to the wireless router
Unresolved problems. There are several methods of receiving technical assistance for unresolved problems:
– Consult the FAQ section of Technisat website
– Contact our customer service department by telephone or e-mail
MAIN MENU STRUCTURE DIAGRAM
The TechniSat HDFV Receiver Owner’s Manual is a comprehensive guide that can answer many questions users may have about their receiver, including how to use the PVR, EPG, timer, and other features. It also provides troubleshooting tips.
This instructions manual provides all the information (according to the table of contents) from TechniSat Digital about the HDFV Freeview HD Digital Receiver, including answers to the questions listed above. You can download and save it for offline use, including viewing it on your device or printing it for your convenience if you prefer a paper version.
Download it by clicking the button below
Helped you out?
Glad to hear that. It would be awesome if you could . . .