This document contains device specific information about the following devices:
PIC16F873A/876A devices are available only in 28-pin packages, while PIC16F874A/877A devices are available in 40-pin and 44-pin packages. All devices in the PIC16F87XA family share common architecture with the following differences:
– The PIC16F873A and PIC16F874A have one-half of the total on-chip memory of the PIC16F876A and PIC16F877A
– The 28-pin devices have three I/O ports, while the 40/44-pin devices have five
– The 28-pin devices have fourteen interrupts, while the 40/44-pin devices have fifteen
– The 28-pin devices have five A/D input channels, while the 40/44-pin devices have eight
– The Parallel Slave Port is implemented only on the 40/44-pin devices
Additional information may be found in the PICmicro(R) Mid-Range Reference Manual (DS33023), which may be obtained from your local Microchip Sales Representative or downloaded from the Microchip web site. The Reference Manual should be considered a complementary document to this data sheet and is highly recommended reading for a better understanding of the device architecture and operation of the peripheral modules.