Manhattan Plaza ST500 Digital Satellite Receiver Instruction Manual
Download PDF user manual for Manhattan TV Plaza ST500 DVB-S MPEG2 SD Digital Satellite Receiver (EN) 17 pages Issue 3 2009 zip
This PDF instruction manual is for the Manhattan Plaza ST500 Digital Satellite Receiver.
Manhattan Plaza ST500 Standard Definition DVB-S MPEG-2 Digital Satellite Receiver
The PLAZA model is an advanced digital satellite receiver with the unique option of Blind Search Facility and is designed to cope with the many different operating requirements of broadcast standards worldwide. During development, we have evolved with the best possible solutions to create the next generation of satellite receivers together with the most up-to-date electronics and easy to use on-screen menu system.
Before using your new receiver, we suggest that you carefully read this manual and the following safety notice.
(PDF) INSTRUCTION MANUAL in English (EN) language.
BACK PANEL CONNECTIONS. Connectors and definitions.
FRONT PANEL CONNECTORS. Controls and definitions.
REMOTE CONTROL FUNCTIONS. Operation in programming mode.
– How to tune your TV to UHF output
– How to select the OSD language.
– How to adjust transparency of channel banner and channel browser.
– How to select default Audio / Subtitle language.
– How to select time to turn ON screen saver in radio mode.
– How to select the output TV Standard for your TV.
– How to select the picture aspect ratio for your TV.
– How to select signal output for your TV.
– How to select a output UHF channel (between 21 – 69).
– How to set time.
– How to set Event Timer (up to 10 events).
– How to reset the receiver to factory default settings.
– How to configure your antenna
– How to select LNB Type
– How to select LNB power
– How to change 22KHz Tone and DiSEqC.
– This receiver does not provide Mechanical Polarizer Output Connectors.
– 12V setting for relay type LNB switch.
– Locating pre-stored satellites
– DiSEqC 1.2 menu (Manual positioner)
– DiSEqC USALS menu (Automatic positioner)
– Configuring DC antenna positioner (for models with DC positioner). DC Manual Positioner. DC Auto Positioner.
– Channel Search: Automatic Scan and Search. Search Modes.
– Channel Search: Manual Scan and Search
– Advance Search: Special Feature
– How to change channel or satellite
– How to select a channel within the same satellite.
– How to select a channel from another satellite.
– How to sort the channel list
– How to selecting radio channels
CONDITIONAL ACCESS (for models with CI)
– How to viewing scrambled channels
You can upgrade the software of your receiver when this is available. Your current software version is displayed in the Data Download menu, Loader Status in OTA Loader menu. There are two ways to upgrade see below.
– How to upgrade via satellite using the OTA Loader and OTA Upgrade menus.
– How to upgrade via your PC using a NULL MODEM cable connected to RS232 connector R11.
– How to select subtitles on a channel
– How to select audio language
– How to activate sleep timer
– How to to display the channel banner
ELECTRONIC PROGRAM GUIDE (EPG)
– How to display EPG
INSTALLING FAVORITE CHANNELS
– How to set favorite channels
– How to delete a favorite channel
– How to view favorite channels
HOW TO RESET YOUR RECEIVER TO DEFAULT SETTINGS
HOW TO LOCK MENU AND CHANNELS. The default password: 0000.
– How to delete channels
– How to rename channel
– How to move channel
SATELLITE / TP EDIT
– How to rename a satellite
– How to sort satellite list
– How to rename a TP
– How to sort TP list
RECEIVER TO RECEIVER COPY FUNCTION. You can copy the channel and user settings onto another receiver of the same model. Follow below steps.
INSTALLING THE PVR (HARD DISK DRIVE) For models with PVR ready.
– Fitting the hard disk drive
– How to formatting the hard disk for first time use
– How to record programs
– How to watch a different FTA (free to air) channel whilst recording another
– How to record timed programs
– How to playback and edit
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE
If you suspect there is a problem with your receiver, please check the following trouble shooting guide before calling a Manhattan authorised service agent.
Front display not lit
– Check that the mains lead is plugged into the power socket. Check that your TV is tuned for the correct UHF channel or is switched to correct AV input.
No picture or sound or any menus
– No signal. Channel is scrambled. The antenna is not in correct position. Check LNB wire is not damaged or shorting. Check LNB may be faulty. Unplug receiver from power socket and retry.
Interference, on picture, using UHF output
– Local terrestrial TV interference. Change the UHF output channel to different one then re-tune your TV. Select the appropriate ‘TV Standard’ using TV Settings menu.
Bad picture with blocking or frozen
– Signal weak or noisy. Check signal quality. Antenna not in correct position
Not responding to remote control
– Check the batteries in your remote control. Replace with new.
You have lost or forgotten your password
– Apply master password or contact your Manhattan dealer.
The master password is 6699
This instruction manual provides all the information (according to the table of contents) from Manhattan/Eurosat Distribution about the Plaza ST500 Satellite Receiver, including answers to the questions listed above. You can download and save it for offline use, including viewing it on your device or printing it for your convenience if you prefer a paper version.
Download it by clicking the button below
Helped you out?
Glad to hear that. It would be awesome if you could . . .