LM2576 National Semiconductor 3A Step-Down Voltage Regulator Data Sheet
Download Datasheet for National Semiconductor LM2576 SIMPLE SWITCHER 3A Step-Down Voltage Regulator [22 pages DS011476 1999 pdf/zip]
The LM2576 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving 3A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and an adjustable output version.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation and a fixed-frequency oscillator.
The LM2576 series offers a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal linear regulators. It substantially reduces the size of the heat sink, and in some cases no heat sink is required.
A standard series of inductors optimized for use with the LM2576 are available from several different manufacturers. This feature greatly simplifies the design of switch-mode power supplies.
Other features include a guaranteed +/-4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and +/-10% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included, featuring 50 uA (typical) standby current.
The output switch includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.
– 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and adjustable output versions
– Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.23V to 37V +/-4% max over line and load conditions
– Guaranteed 3A output current
– Wide input voltage range, 40V
– Requires only 4 external components
– 52 kHz fixed frequency internal oscillator
– TTL shutdown capability, low power standby mode
– High efficiency
– Uses readily available standard inductors
– Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
– P+ Product Enhancement tested
– Simple high-efficiency step-down (buck) regulator
– Efficient pre-regulator for linear regulators
– On-card switching regulators
– Positive to negative converter (Buck-Boost)
– TYPICAL APPLICATION
– BLOCK DIAGRAM
– ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS
– ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
– TYPICAL PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
– TEST CIRCUIT AND LAYOUT GUIDELINES
– LM2576 SERIES BUCK REGULATOR DESIGN PROCEDURE
– APPLICATION HINTS
– ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS
– LM2576 CONNECTION DIAGRAMS / PINOUT
– PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
Helped you out?
Glad to heat that. It would be awesome if you could…