InvenSense MPU-6050 MotionTracking Sensor Data Sheet
Download Datasheet for InvenSense MPU-6050 MotionTracking 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and Digital Motion Processor (EN) 52 pages PS-MPU-6000A-00, Rev: 3.4 2013 zip
This PDF data sheet is for the InvenSense MPU-6050 MotionTracking 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and Digital Motion Processor.
InvenSense MPU-6050 MotionTracking 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and Digital Motion Processor
MPU-6050 MotionTracking 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and Digital Motion Processor
This product specification provides advanced information regarding the electrical specification and design related information for the MPU-6050(TM) MotionTracking(TM) devices, collectively called the MPU-60X0(TM) or MPU(TM).
Electrical characteristics are based upon design analysis and simulation results only. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Final specifications will be updated based upon characterization of production silicon. For references to register map and descriptions of individual registers, please refer to the MPU-6000 Register Map and Register Descriptions document.
Electrical characteristics are based upon design analysis and simulation results only. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Final specifications will be updated based upon characterization of production silicon. For references to register map and descriptions of individual registers, please refer to the MPU-6050 Register Map and Register Descriptions document.
MotionInterface(TM) is becoming a “must-have” function being adopted by smartphone and tablet manufacturers due to the enormous value it adds to the end user experience. In smartphones, it finds use in applications such as gesture commands for applications and phone control, enhanced gaming, augmented reality, panoramic photo capture and viewing, and pedestrian and vehicle navigation. With its ability to precisely and accurately track user motions, MotionTracking technology can convert handsets and tablets into powerful 3D intelligent devices that can be used in applications ranging from health and fitness monitoring to location-based services. Key requirements for MotionInterface enabled devices are small package size, low power consumption, high accuracy and repeatability, high shock tolerance, and application specific performance programmability – all at a low consumer price point.
The MPU-60X0 is the world’s first integrated 6-axis MotionTracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, and a Digital Motion Processor(TM) (DMP) all in a small 4x4x0.9mm package. With its dedicated I2C sensor bus, it directly accepts inputs from an external 3-axis compass to provide a complete 9-axis MotionFusion(TM) output. The MPU-60X0 MotionTracking device, with its 6-axis integration, on-board MotionFusion(TM), and run-time calibration firmware, enables manufacturers to eliminate the costly and complex selection, qualification, and system level integration of discrete devices, guaranteeing optimal motion performance for consumers. The MPU-60X0 is also designed to interface with multiple non-inertial digital sensors, such as pressure sensors, on its auxiliary I2C port. The MPU-60X0 is footprint compatible with the MPU-30X0 family.
The MPU-60X0 features three 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) for digitizing the gyroscope outputs and three 16-bit ADCs for digitizing the accelerometer outputs
(PDF) DATASHEET in English (EN) languages.
– Revision History
– Purpose And Scope
– Product Overview: MPU-60X0 Overview
– Features: Gyroscope Features, Accelerometer Features, Additional Features, Motionprocessing, Clocking
– Electrical Characteristics: Gyroscope Specifications, Accelerometer Specifications, Electrical And Other Common Specifications, I2C Timing Characterization, SPI Timing Characterization (MPU-6000 only), Absolute Maximum Ratings
– Applications Information: Pin Out And Signal Description, Typical Operating Circuit, Bill Of Materials For External Components, Recommended Power-On Procedure, Block Diagram, Overview, Three-Axis Mems Gyroscope With 16-bit ADCs and signal conditioning, three-axis mems accelerometer with 16-bit ADCs and signal conditioning, Digital Motion Processor, Primary I2C and SPI serial communications interfaces, Auxiliary I2C serial interface, Self-Test, MPU-60X0 solution for 9-Axis Sensor Fusion Using I2C Interface, MPU-6000 using SPI Interface, Internal Clock Generation, Sensor Data Registers, FIFO, Interrupts, Digital-Output Temperature Sensor, BIAS and LDO, Charge Pump
– Programmable Interrupts
– Digital Interface: I2C and SPI (MPU-6000 only) Serial Interfaces, I2C interface, I2C communications protocol, I2C terms, SPI interface (MPU-6000 only)
– Serial Interface Considerations (MPU-6050), MPU-6050 Supported Interfaces, Logic Levels, Logic Levels Diagram For AUX_VDDIO = 0
– Assembly: Orientation Of Axes, Package Dimensions, PCB Design Guidelines, Assembly Precautions, Storage Specifications, Package Marking Specification, Tape & Reel Specification, Label, Packaging, Representative Shipping Carton Label
– Reliability: Qualification Test Policy, Qualification Test Plan
– Environmental Compliance
MPU-6000 and MPU-6050 Register Map and Descriptions (Rev. 4.2, 46 pages, 2013)
This document provides preliminary information regarding the register map and descriptions for the Motion Processing Units(TM) MPU-6000(TM) and MPU-6050(TM), collectively called the MPU-60X0(TM) or MPU(TM).
The MPU devices provide the world’s first integrated 6-axis motion processor solution that eliminates the package-level gyroscope and accelerometer cross-axis misalignment associated with discrete solutions. The devices combine a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer on the same silicon die together with an onboard Digital Motion Processor(TM) (DMP(TM)) capable of processing complex 9-axis sensor fusion algorithms using the field-proven and proprietary MotionFusion(TM) engine.
The MPU-6000 and MPU-6050’s integrated 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms access external magnetometers or other sensors through an auxiliary master I2C bus, allowing the devices to gather a full set of sensor data without intervention from the system processor. The devices are offered in the same 4x4x0.9 mm QFN footprint and pinout as the current MPU-3000(TM) family of integrated 3-axis gyroscopes, providing a simple upgrade path and facilitating placement on already space constrained circuit boards.
– Revision History
– Purpose and Scope
– Register Map
– Register Descriptions
This data sheet provides all the information (according to the table of contents) from InvenSense about the MPU-6050 MotionTracking 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and Digital Motion Processor. You can download and save it for offline use, including viewing it on your device or printing it for your convenience if you prefer a paper version.
Download it by clicking the button below
Helped you out?
Glad to hear that. It would be awesome if you could . . .