Arris Xfinity TG1682 Telephony Gateway User’s Guide
Download User Manual for Arris Xfinity TG1682 Comcast Telephony Gateway [44 pages Release 16 Standard 1.6 2014 pdf/zip]
Arris Xfinity TG1682 Telephony Gateway
The Xfinity TG1682 Telephony Gateway is DOCSIS compliant. The Telephony Gateway is designed to be connected directly to a telephone.
The Xfinity Telephony Gateway provides four Ethernet connections for use as the hub of your home/office Local Area Network (LAN). The Xfinity Telephony Gateway also provides 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless connectivity for enhanced mobility and versatility.
In addition, the Xfinity Telephony Gateway provides for up to two separate lines of telephone service and Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) funtionality to allow using cordless telphones within the home. The Telephony Gateway also offers integrated MoCA 2.0 home networking providing Internet access and transfer of multimedia content between devices over coaxial cable in the home.
This manual covers the Xfinity TG1682 Telephony Gateway.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
– Safety Requirements
– Getting Started. About Your New Telephony Gateway. What’s in the Box? Items You Need. Getting Service. System Requirements. Recommended Hardware. About this Manual. What About Security? Ethernet or Wireless?
– Battery Installation and Removal. Basic Battery Installation and Replacement. Extended Battery Installation and Replacement.
– Installing and Connecting Your Telephony Gateway. Front Panel. Rear Panel. Selecting an Installation Location. Desktop mounting instructions. Cleaning Instructions. Factors Affecting Wireless Range. Connecting the Telephony Gateway. Configuring Your Wireless Connection.
– Configuring Your Ethernet Connection. TCP/IP Configuration for Windows. TCP/IP Configuration for MacOS.
– Using the Telephony Gateway. Setting up Your Computer to Use the Telephony Gateway.
– Indicator Lights for the TG1682.
– Wiring Problems.
– Using the Reset Button.
– Resetting the Router to Factory Defaults.
– Booting from Battery
– Troubleshooting: The Telephony Gateway is plugged in, but the Power light is off. I’m not getting on the Internet (all connections). I’m not getting on the Internet (Ethernet). I’m not getting on the Internet (Wireless). My wireless Internet connection stops working sometimes. I can get on the Internet, but everything is slow. I don’t have dial tone when I pick up my phone, why?
Helped you out?
Glad to hear that. It would be awesome if you could . . .